Many of our retreats are designed as group experiences where input from facilitators, group work, and private time in silence weave together to create an enriching experience.
Tips & Ideas for a Successful Retreat
- Plan well in advance
- Create an interesting and attractive programme
- Publicise your retreat well in advance to your parish (and neighbouring parishes?)
- Balance the programme to give some free time, some silence - how much depends on the style of your retreat, and some time for people to be able to mix.
- First time? - Ask us for help.
What to Bring?
Abbey House is situated in the centre of town but within minutes of good country walks and the Tor.
- Walking gear
- Dressing gown
- Camera (we get some spectacular sunsets over the Abbey ruins!)