Many of our retreats are designed as group experiences where input from facilitators, group work, and private time in silence weave together to create an enriching experience.
Tips & Ideas for a Successful Retreat
- Plan well in advance
- Create an interesting and attractive programme
- Publicise your retreat well in advance to your parish (and neighbouring parishes?)
- Balance the programme to give some free time, some silence - how much depends on the style of your retreat, and some time for people to be able to mix.
- First time? - Ask us for help.
Additional Ideas to Enhance Your Retreat
We can help you to organize the following:
- Guided tour on foot of Glastonbury's Sacred sites
- Short talks or workshops by local experts (historians, other faiths, Iconography, King Arthur, Joseph of Arimathea, St Dunstan, Benedictines, Franciscans, 'Stilling', meditation, soundwork, breathwork, labyrinths)
- Therapies (book and pay in advance) - massage, cranio sacral, reflexology and acupuncture
- Visits to local village churches
- Visit to the Bird Reserve at Westhay - acknowledged for successfully breeding Bitterns and in winter for amazing aerial displays by starlings coming to roost.
What to Bring?
Abbey House is situated in the centre of town but within minutes of good country walks and the Tor.
- Walking gear
- Dressing gown
- Camera (we get some spectacular sunsets over the Abbey ruins!)